Thursday, September 3, 2009

Modular Origami - Swan

This is my second modular project. The swan turned out to be too good. Initially I made a bigger one and then modified it to make a smaller one. The bigger one was difficult to handle and was coming apart easily. The smaller one is more stable :)

Below is the bigger version swan carrying some roses


And finally the modular combo. I jus love this :)


And now to how I did it... The bigger swan consumed about 14-15 sheets of paper, which makes it around 480 modules... The tricky part would be getting the neck curve right :) it comes off easily. The solution I found was to have the lower half of the neck modules in one direction and the upper half in the opposite direction. You can notice this difference between the bigger swan and smaller one.

And for the instructions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhlyAhTztEk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment